Test Analyst | Mobile & Web | Automation
I love testing roles. Why you ask? Well, testers are a VERY important part helping make the product as best as it can be.
The testers purpose is not just to find bugs, but being responsible for improvements to the product’s overall quality is, in my opinion, pretty key to its success.
When you then get to do this role in a business that is integrating cutting edge technology to an already super successful product that is scaling at a very exciting rate – you have, my friends, what they call a “recipe for success”. #yourewelcome
This is a segway for us to introduce you to the stellar team at SelfWealth. A group of people that is fast becoming some of our favs over at affix.
A bit about SelfWealth:
Established in 2012 SelfWealth is an independent Aussie owned and operated an online brokerage service, founded right here in Melbourne! They are leading the way in stock market investment for everyday Australians, driving down investment costs and operating one of Australia’s easiest to use mobile apps and web platforms.
Why join now?
After explosive interest in the stock market from Australians, through the initial COVID period, Self Wealth has grown substantially and were recently taken to a successful IPO in late 2017 and are listed on the ASX.
They have a very ambitious and exciting roadmap ahead (i.e partnering with an established cryptocurrency exchange, native iOS and android app and more) and this is where you come in.
For more on these initiatives –> https://bit.ly/2VZlcgz
They are in the midst of transformation at SelfWealth. They’ll be bringing on many new faces, including yourself, to continue to push the company forward. The culture reflects this. It’s a friendly place to work, with people from all sorts of walks of life. They’re still a small team (30 staff) so you will be able to have an impact on the culture and the way the company works.
About the role:
As a Test Analyst within the team, you will be applying manual and automated testing techniques to help ensure their software products, both mobile and web based are fit for purpose.
You will bring with you your innovation and skills to meet business objectives with the opportunity to make significant impact to the future business success in an exciting FinTech environment.
Some of your day to day
- Converting user stories/use cases, functional and technical specifications, business and technical requirements into test requirements.
- Use software testing techniques to develop test plans, test cases, and test scripts.
- Conduct functional, application, and integration testing for in-house built software applications.
- Complete test execution by running both manual and automated test cases.
- Provide estimates and assistance in test planning.
- Raising defects during test execution and following them through to closure.
What we’re looking for
- Should be well experienced in testing web-based and mobile applications and working with JIRA.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Collaborative team player with ability to think outside of the box.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Able to work to tight deadlines and under pressure.
- 5+ years’ experience in Software Testing.
- Experience using various test automation tools like Selenium on a BDD framework.
- Industry recognised qualification in software testing.
- Experience in financial services or trading platforms is beneficial, but not mandatory.
Hi we’re affix. We have the awesome job of partnering with inspiring tech companies such as SelfWealth to help them scale their teams with the addition of great humans. If you think this role and SelfWealth are a good fit for you, then we would love to meet you. So go on, apply, tell us about yourself and then let’s connect.
Jess Hemsley-Hackett and Breanna Skeen