Over the past couple of years this innovative business has grown exponentially, becoming a large-scale, mission-critical application in widespread use across health systems globally. They are looking to find an experienced Technical Writer with solid software documentation experience to join their communications team.
Your primary role will be contributing to the development and release of new features, with a view to contributing to the broader product suite, as the team evolves.
Further key responsibilities include:
- Creating content for the Resource Centre, training materials, knowledge base, release notes, developer documentation, product update bulletins, and user interface text.
- Creating posters, workflow images, and annotated screen captures that will display correctly in different media.
- Working with internal teams on requirements and providing accurate estimates as part of the scrum process.
- Keeping track of the release schedule to ensure all required documentation is complete by the required date.
Requirements for the role:
- 3+ years experience in a technical writing role.
- Proven experience writing end-user documentation for software specifically, in a clear and concise way.
- Experience using: Single-sourcing help authoring tools (MadCap Flare, RoboHelp); Image tools (SnagIt, Figma, MadCap Capture); Microsoft Office; CSS and HTML/XHTML; JIRA and Confluence; SharePoint or a similar content management system and Source control tools (Git, Bitbucket, TFS, SVN).
- Demonstrable ability to collate and validate the information from multiple sources and package in a way that makes sense to a given audience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including stellar grammar and proofreading.
- Curious, creative, resourceful, and efficient.
- Enjoy explaining new and complex concepts to both experts and non-experts.
- Able to work independently and comfortable in an Agile environment.
A bit about the work environment:
They have a modern approach to work, and a culture that is inclusive and high performing, at the same time focused on a healthy work life balance. They support and encourage regular training, allocating time for professional development and knowledge sharing.
This is a great opportunity to apply your skills and experience to make a difference to people and health systems. They are a great team, doing great work, with great tech and meaningful outcomes!
This is a 6-12 month fixed term contract.
Apply online or get in touch for further information.
Please include samples of your writing when you apply for this role.