Technical Lead – Scaling SaaS product
We are seeing an increase in organizations pledging to be ‘Net-Zero’. But the reality is, this is a struggle for bigger businesses, especially multi-national organisations. Monitoring electricity, water, and gas consumption across the entire portfolio is challenging when every utility provider has a different billing format.
That’s where B.id comes in. Their Utility Bill Management platform can track an organization’s utility spend (electric, gas, water), energy sources (renewable, nuclear, coal, etc.), and greenhouse gas emissions across its global portfolio. The utility bill is often overlooked as a nuisance that just needs to be paid.
Utility bills have a place at the decision-making table, and utility data is not something to be ignored, especially if you intend to meet Net-Zero.
B.id is a SaaS technology data & analytics platform business that automates the aggregation, analysis and visualisation of energy data to assist businesses in:
- environmental & emissions reporting
- usage & spend tracking, budgeting & forecasting
- energy usage optimisation and cost savings
B.id are embarking on a very exciting journey of growth and transformation. They have recently completed a significant round of capital raising and are well funded to execute their growth strategy.
What does transformation mean in this context? We will need to make a time to chat through that because there is a lot on offer here as you suspect. High level though, they are moving from a project delivery model to being a product first technology company. because in truth, that’s what they are. They are in that “grown-up” phase of no longer being a start-up – but instead, a true scaling product business. This means scaling the teams, building out their agile maturity, rebranding, innovating with new technology…the list goes on.
About the role
We are hiring a Technical Lead to lead 1 of the 4 squads in the engineering team. Reporting into the engineering manager, you will also have 3 other Tech Leads as your peers.
Role breakdown in a nutshell
Innovation and solution leadership – 20%
- You will ensure that the team has the optimal cadence and velocity to deliver on time by implementing the best engineering principles and processes
- You will be a leader of agile software engineering practices such as test-driven development, continuous delivery and pair programming
- Drive technical solution design, estimation, and delivery whilst ensuring alignment with the architecture and strategy
- Work closely with the architecture team to contribute to, and influence strategic planning
- Solve their customer problems through innovative usage of new technology
Technical & people leadership – 20%
- Mentor and upskill developers, providing coaching, training & development and empowering them to achieve their goals
- Directly manage and coach software engineers
- Take responsibility for the quality of the team’s technical deliverables
- Work with Product Owners, and manage the transition from analysis through to design and implementation
- Identify risks, manage issues, and drive stakeholders to deliver on time and to quality standards
Technical Application – 60%
- Design best in class, commercially appropriate technical solutions
- Implement new features in a highly collaborative environment with product owners and engineers
- Hands on coding in their tech stack: .net core, Angular/React, AWS
- Take ownership of platform availability and resilience
- Champion automated testing practices and secure coding in the team
- Develop and implement automated and repeatable processes
- Ensure team documentation is created and maintained for current and new architecture, process flows, and knowledge sharing
What you will bring to this role:
- Demonstrated ability to lead and manage a team, achieve results, and provide recognition.
- Experience in supporting high availability production systems
- Highly proficient in MS – C#, .Net. They are introducing .net core, so if you have experience with this, that would be snazzy
- Highly proficient in cloud technologies and architectures, especially AWS
- Restful web service design
- Microservices, Docker, and scalable architecture experience
- CI/CD Tools, pipeline creation, and maintenance
- Source Control Tool and branching strategies
- People management, coaching experience, and presentation skills
- Good working knowledge in:
- Relational database systems
- Design patterns, and Development principals
- Agile development practices and TDD
- Change management process in parallel development environments
- Job scheduling systems and architectures
What we can offer you:
- Meaningful work that allows you to contribute to a mission you believe in. b.id are creating purpose – come and work for us if you want to have an impact on the world.
- Be a part of a local Aussie success story competing on the world stage and punching well above their weight
- Employee share scheme – they want you to share in the success of the business
- The ability to have an impact and make change
- Training and development budget
- Flexible working arrangements – they come into the office on Fridays to enjoy team connection and lunches – hello Nandos chippie Fridays!
Hi We’re affix. We have the awesome job of partnering with inspiring tech companies such as b.id to help them scale their teams with the addition of great humans. If you think this role and b.id are a good fit for you, then we would love to meet you. So go on, apply, tell us about yourself and then let’s connect and see if this is your happy (work) place.