Technical Lead – React/ React Native
It has been a minute but after helping scale up the Front End Development and .NET team affix are back with an amazing leadership role with our favorite local Melbourne success story who are industry leaders in the retail space. (and who doesn’t love a local success story).
This Team Leader will get to be a part of the biggest technology projects that the company has ever seen.
MECCA has a large and growing focus in the e-commerce and mobile areas, providing an amazing leadership opportunity for an experienced engineer to build up a team of about seven while working on enterprise level mobile applications via a progressive, agile space.
Reporting into their Head of Development and working closely with their project managers, business analysts, design and product owner the Technical Team Lead will be responsible for establishing the technical vision with the development team and work with developers to turn it into reality. With the desire to experiment and try new things and alternative solutions, you will participate (+50%) to the design and implementation of innovative business systems and functionality to support Omni-channel commerce to provide value to their customers.
You will be working on their greenfields React Native application and be responsible for:
- Work with internal business partners to gather requirements, prototyping, architecting and implementing/updating solutions
- Coach, develop and manage the team to establish its purpose, roles, responsibilities and accountabilities in line with the business goals, plans and objectives
- Facilitate and participate in the discussions on deliverables, estimates and commitments and develop using latest technologies while following Agile methodologies (SCRUM/Kanban)
- Lead the technical planning, designing, coding and testing
- Ensures all technical documentation is complete, accurate, and current for new or modified modules/applications according to defined guidelines and standards
- Nurture/enforce and monitor product technical excellence and high quality
- Develop, maintain, troubleshoot, enhance and document components develop by self and others as per the requirements and detailed design
- Conduct testing and code review, deployment in a continuous integration environment (CI)
- Anticipate and communicate project related forecasts such as budgets, resource contention and burn rate issues,task slippage, or any other risks and issues
- Provide leadership and technical guidance regarding programming/system related issues and provide solutions for any known and unknown problems that occur
Hello… is it you we are looking for?
Does this sound like things you could tackle?
- Thoroughly understand the requirements and design and propose technical strategies for the business
- Ability to visualise and design project architecture
- Strong React and/or React native experience
- Keen focus on process, tracking and process improvement
- Good communication and time management skills
- Solid knowledge of design patterns
- Ability to expresses technical and business concepts, ideas, feelings, opinions, and conclusions orally and in writing
- Anticipate, identify and define problems, seeks root causes and develops practical and timely solutions
- Experience designing, developing, testing, and deploying applications/systems using proven or emerging technologies, in a variety of technologies and environments
- Comfort with frequent, incremental code, testing and deployment
- Experience with automation tools
Does this speak to your interests and level of experience?
- Proven expertise as a Lead Programmer, Senior Developer/ or Team Lead position
- Experience with mobile application architecture
- Strong object-oriented
- Good knowledge of API management and web service programming methods (RESTful)
- Bug/work control, source control, and deployment technologies (Git, Gulp, Bamboo)
- Cloud services (Amazon AWS)
- Excellent Agile project management experience and knowledge (SCRUM, JIRA, Confluence)
- Experience with e-commerce platforms is a plus
What they can provide to you!
- Ability to cultivate and lead a new team
- Greenfields project utilizing modern technologies
- Collaborative environment where everyone’s voice is heard
- Competitive base salary + 5% bonus. $1200 annual product allowance
- 40% discount on products
- Reward and recognition programs & professional development programs
- Health and well-being initiatives which include 2 x Personal Training sessions a week plus one session per week at Happy Melon (additional classes are discounted)
- And finally an awesome company and technical culture!
Hey- We’re affix. We have the amazing job to partner with inspiring companies such as MECCA to help them scale up their teams with the addition of great humans. We would love to know more about you, what you’re passionate about, interests and hobbies that go beyond just reviewing your CV. So, let’s have a chat and see if this is your happy (work) place.
0423 344 956