SEO Content Specialist – Agency Side!
I’m guessing because you’re here reading this little job advert, that GOOOOD content and GOOOOD #SEO is your jam. And I’d be comfortable to assume that you know a thing or two about what ‘good’ SEO is and how to to get some ripper results for clients.
Excellent. Then read on, friend.
There are a bunch of good #SEO gigs out there are at the moment, so what makes this one different from the rest?
Well, these guys are one of Brisbane’s most respected and long-standing boutique agencies, and they’re growing. They’ve recently moved into fresh new digs and they work with an array of pretty fabulous clients with lots of juicy projects in the works, which means the time has come to add to their SEO team with a brand new SEO Content Specialist to join the gang and play a key role in championing this space for their sticky, yet growing client base.
This team hosts a bunch of smart cookies. They’re the sweetest AND most kindest humans you’ll ever want to meet. They’re partial to baked goods and Friday long lunches, and if you haven’t noticed, we happen to like them a lot.
So they essentially need someone who writes gorgeous content and can repurpose it across an array of digital channels and who has around 2 years SEO experience under their belt (ideally agency side), PLUS it’s critical that their new hire views SEO as part of one of the levers that need to be pushed and pulled in order to get clients some red-hot results.
We’re looking for someone who has some pretty tidy client-facing skills, because you’ll be working fairly closely with your client base, providing them with insights, recommendations, and ensuring that whilst they may not understand SEO and all of its intricacies, that they understand the SEO journey and what to expect.
You probably already know what a role like this entails, but I know ya’ll like dot points; so here goes:
- Content creation for SEO purposes, as well as producing content to be repurposed across web and socials;
- Ducking, weaving, strategising, and leveraging ALL OF THE ‘COOL’ TOOLS like Sem Rush, Search Console, Screaming Frog, or any of your personal faves that get the job done!
- Develop a strong understanding of each client’s organic search goals and business objectives;
- Perform SEO analysis to look for areas of improvement within key content areas;
- Provide recommendations to improve CRO, UX, and customer journey;
- Developing some super white-hat link building strategies, as well as doing a bunch of keyword research and the creation of meta-information;
- Reviewing onsite content and providing recommendations to improve usability and organic visibility;
- ALL THE REPORTING, but being quite discerning about how you do it, and innately understanding how each of your clients likes to be reported to;
- Getting down and dirty in the strategy, planning and executing of all clients in your folio; and
- Doing a bunch of SEO audits for your client’s websites and providing insights in and around potential improvements; and
- Participate in daily stand-ups and weekly team pow-wows.
To make this role a success, you’ll need to have:
- Circa 2 years of experience within an agency environment;
- Experience in developing content for SEO purposes, email marketing campaigns, landing pages, websites and across social channels;
- Top-notch communication skills;
- An ability to use various CMS platforms to add content to websites [WordPress, Shopify & BigCommerce];
- Demonstrated experience in being able to conduct robust SEO audits that include solid keyword and competitor analysis;
- Ability to produce digital content in a fast-paced environment; and
- A real desire to be constantly evolving, learning, and expanding your skillset alongside an epic team.
A huge part of hiring for this role is attitude and culture fit first. So, if you’re a good human, you’re creative, you’re clever, you’re organised, and have some cool ways of doing stuff; then chances are you’ll probably get on well.
Does this sound interesting?
Are you intrigued?
I hope so, and I hope you feel compelled to personally hunt me down to chat about it.