Friends, I present to you an opportunity to join Flippa
. A growing 2-sided marketplace and, thanks to a significant Series A cap raise, is seriously accelerating growth and scaling here and abroad. This is a bloody big deal!
I don’t want to overdo it, but this is a unique opportunity to join a damn impressive team; super smart, egoless humans who have a history of successful growth stories not only here but in other start-ups, as well. Flippa is in the best position it has ever been in and I don’t think it’s too much of a stretch to say now is a REALLY good time to join. Tell me more about Flippa…
Flippa is the #1 marketplace to buy and sell online businesses. True to their mission to give every business owner a pathway to exit. A peer-to-peer marketplace brings together entrepreneurs, owners, investors and operators to trade sites, stores, apps and online businesses. But there is a lot of work to be done and opportunity here.
Flippa represents the new real estate – it’s digital real estate – and this is your opportunity to be a part of a major shift in society, one where digital business ownership is the new currency and a new asset class. What is this role all about?
While the core of the Engineering team is based in their office in Cremorne, Melbourne, this opportunity is available for candidates who are seeking remote
working opportunities across Australia. In this role you will design, build and maintain software solutions, infrastructure, and services that drive Flippa. This position plays a key role in their expansion at Flippa and will contribute to the culture of the engineering and wider Flippa team.
Specifically, you will get to:
- Design and deliver robust, scalable and secure solutions
- Write clean, maintainable and efficient code
- Follow best practices (test-driven development, continuous integration, adhering to coding standards)
- Drive continuous adoption and integration of relevant new technologies
- Collaborate with product managers, designers and engineers to scope and plan new features
- Work with agile methodologies
- Promote process and technical improvements
- Share your knowledge and skills with the team
- Mentor engineers to help them up-skill
- Perform code reviews and pair programming
So who are we looking for?
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer with…
- Ideally relevant experience with Ruby on Rails – however other open source technologies such as Java & Python will be considered
- Working knowledge of databases and SQL
- Experience developing highly interactive applications
- Ability to operate with infrastructure (AWS, Heroku)
- Experience with Agile development methodologies
Ideally, we’re looking for this type of human:
- A firm grasp of object-oriented analysis and design
- Has a drive for writing clean and efficient code
- Customer focussed
- Ability to clearly explain technical concepts to non-technical team members
- A passion for self-development and learning
Flippa is a creative, solution orientated culture of smart and nice people (simple but very true) – you’ll be working with passionate colleagues, tackling challenging problems, and enjoy remuneration including equity – so you can share in the growth of the company. They also offer a huge suite of perks and benefits including generous paid time off allocations (annual leave, study, volunteering, birthday, parental and preventative health), a new office in Cremorne, loads of social team meals and considerable budgets to spend on wellness and personal growth.
Check out what their team has to say about working at Flippa here!
Hi – we’re affix! If Flippa sounds like a nice fit for you, then reach out and say hi! We would love to see your application and learn more about you and see if Flippa could be your happy (work) place!