Do you enjoy coaching others and working with colleagues who help each other develop their skills every day? If the answer is yes, please read on friend…
Affix are delighted to be partnered with a Sydney based consultancy who deliver projects and new product features every day, whilst helping to develop the skills, knowledge and capability of those around them in the team. You’ll have the opportunity to work in Product Development teams in different domains, both in new greenfield products as well as evolving existing ones.
You should be the kind of human who has the ability and passion to coach others and to help their team kick BIG goals, and will have the empathy and soft skills to back it up.
Here’s some reasons why it’s a ripper place to work…
- You’ll have the opportunity to work across different domains, with a variety of different technologies.
- You’ll share your knowledge and develop the skills of those around you, whilst writing code and learning every day.
- A training budget that you manage for yourself. Decide if you want to go to a conference, spend it all on books or dedicate yourself to an online training course.
- Choose your work and feel comfortable to say no if certain things aren’t your vibe
- You’ll be an integral part of a cross-functional agile team and contribute to all aspects of the iterative cycle.
- Working work closely with client teams who can provide a lot of job satisfaction as you’ll be heavily involved with product development.
- Continuous feedback is what this business was built on, and you’ll need to be comfortable giving and receiving feedback
To be successful, we reckon you’ll need some of these skills:
- You’ll have solid experience working in teams that use XP practices (e.g. CI, TDD, pairing, small releases).
- You enjoy supporting and coaching others as well as helping teams improve and develop their capabilities, be that through pairing, Coding Dojos, Dev Guilds, influencing, 1-on-1’s etc.
- Ideally you’ll have experience across the full tech stack with an interest in developing software both backend and front end.
- You will have experience of TDD and understand the benefits of writing tests first before starting on your code
- Solid experience refactoring code, ability to describe different refactoring techniques
- Experience with Object Oriented programming and be able to discuss design patterns
- Awareness of distributed architectures and micro-services and interested to learn more.
Interested? There’s multiple roles available and there’s only one way to throw your hat in the ring!
You can find me here:
0422 366 018