Senior Frontend Developer (React)
Affix is once again partnering up with SelfWealth and this time it’s to bring you an absolute cracker of a role in the product development team. We are pumped to be looking for a Senior Frontend Engineer (newly created role) as they experience a very exciting period of growth.
SelfWealth is an independent Aussie owned and operated company, started right from our backyard here in Melbourne! SelfWealth is an online brokerage service, established in 2012. It offers low-cost, flat-fee share and other investment trading in both Australia and the US.
They are leading the way in stock market investment for everyday Australians, driving down investment costs and operating one of Australia’s easiest to use mobile app and web platforms.
Why join now?
SelfWealth has been changing a lot in the background. Last year, thanks to an explosion in interest in the stock market from Australians, through the initial COVID period, the company grew quite substantially.
How do they continue to support their 100,000 + active investors on their investment journeys? The focus now is hiring heavily in the tech and product teams. They have a very ambitious and exciting roadmap ahead, and this is where you come in.
A small taste of what’s to come…
- The ability for SelfWealth members to fund their ASX accounts in real-time. They recently closed out the live pricing beta, which they tested with a select group of SelfWealth Premium members in order to collect data on live pricing in use.
- They will be partnering with an established and secure cryptocurrency exchange to provide access to cryptocurrencies. They will factor in popularity, liquidity and security.
- Earlier this year, they released new Apple iPhone and Android apps. They will be continuously working on improving the app while simultaneously updating the desktop web experience (complete rebrand and migration to new frameworks)
Where you will make an impact:
- You will play a major role in revolutionising the brand to ensure its 100k+ active users are receiving cutting edge UI/UX on a completely modernised platform.
- You will play a key role in helping migrate the product from Bootstrap across to modern frameworks such as React or Angular.
- Responsible for integrating vetted cryptocurrencies onto the platform.
- Working on greenfield projects as they expand into the new markets
- Assist in the production of design artefacts such as integration plans, wireframes, process or workflow designs, and functional design documents.
- Work closely with designers, product, and other engineers to design, build, and ship new technology builds
- Ensure that technical decisions support the goals of quality, performance, scalability, reliability, availability, and security across desktop and mobile platforms
- Build new features with a focus on future-ready, high quality and performant code base
- Share technical solutions and product ideas through documentation, design reviews, code review and technology discussions.
- Participate in agile processes by being an active contributor in daily stand ups and weekly sprint kick-offs and retrospectives.
- Champion best practices and technical standards
You’re a good fit if:
- You have experience working on projects from the initial scoping stage all the way through to delivery
- Hands-on involvement across Development, Design, & Testing contributing to new concepts and improving members’ understanding of application functionality.
- Passion for creating functional and visually appealing web pages or interfaces whilst creating consistency across the platform
- You care about the user experience; building responsive, user-friendly web applications
- You have excellent communication skills and team-oriented approach to software engineering
- Capable of being a technical leader and contributing quality code in our multi-functional team
- Willingness to improve yourself and help others on the team improve their craft
The techy bits:
- Responsive Design
Hi! We’re affix. We have the awesome job of partnering with inspiring tech companies such as SelfWealth to help them scale their teams with the addition of great humans. If you think this role and SelfWealth are a good fit for you, then we would love to meet you. So go on, apply, tell us about yourself and then let’s connect.