The values of this organisation stand at the heart of what they do and set it apart from the crowd. “Challenge yourself to find ingenious ways of working” and “create a culture where new ways of thinking and working are embraced” are surely mantras that speak to the techie in us all.
In this critical service delivery role you will be responsible for the proactive management of all database and related environments. If you’re a strong and highly experienced Oracle DBA then this is your chance to join a business that focuses on moving your career forward. We will be assessing applications on the following criteria:
- Extensive experience in installing, configuring, and maintaining databases
- Breadth of experience in technology infrastructure and operations roles
- For Oracle and related databases and technologies, extensive experience in Oracle RDBMS 12c, Oracle backups (RMAN) and Oracle Data Replication techniques – DataGuard.
- Ensuring optimum performance and availability of Database systems through strong experience in Performance Tuning Techniques
- Expert in server database administrator functions, including performance tuning, DB backup and recovery, capacity planning, replication, high availability and monitoring
Must have skillsets
- Understanding of the Oracle product suite and how it interacts with UNIX (AIX and Redhat)
- Understanding of AWS (VPC Security Group, IAM, EC2, S3, ESB, Cloudformation, Cloudwatch)
- Understanding of Oracle RDS and Redshift
Nice to haves not essential can be learnt on the job:
- ITIL foundation version 3
- DevOps toolsets (Python, Ansible, Jenkins, Puppet, Jira)
- Computer Science or related tertiary degree
If your skills and background are a close fit to the above then please get in touch by following the links and tell us a bit about yourself. We look forward to hearing from you!