We are looking for a Network Engineer to join the network team responsible for operating the Enterprise network, including hosted and cloud environments. This role will be supporting complex data, voice and video infrastructure in support of customer needs. You will need to successfully demonstrate the skills required to secure and manage network infrastructures to protect productivity, mitigate threats, and reduce costs.
As a member of the Infrastructure Services team you will work independently and as part of a team primarily performing BAU functions (80%) and providing level 2-3 escalation support when needed, troubleshooting complex network problems. You will also contribute to projects (20%) under the direction of a project manager for infrastructure-related projects.
Must Haves for the role are:
- At least 3 years of network experience with Cisco products and services, or comparable equivalent vendors
- At least 3 years of network experience in Palo Alto, or comparable offerings
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and proven ability to work effectively with all organisational levels
- Able to foster and build collaborative working relationships with various stakeholders
- Proficient in using automation to provision cloud network constructs, such as; virtual networks, security groups, cloud native load balancers, DNS, and VPNs
- Proficient knowledge and experience in network administration
- Proficient knowledge and experience with routing, with good understanding of Layer 3 and 4 routing, and with dynamic routing protocols (BGP, OSPF, EIGRP, etc.) and concepts such as Multi-VRFs
- Advanced knowledge with Cisco or Cisco like switching, and a proficient understanding of VLAN configurations, QoS policies
- Advanced knowledge of wireless networking
- Proficient with firewalls, especially Palo Alto Networks, with detailed understanding of access rules, site-to-site VPN configurations, Network Address Translations
- Proficient in private and public WAN technologies (MPLS, VPLS, DIA, VPN) including Software defined technologies
- Proficient in Voice Technologies (POTS, VoIP, SIP Trunking)
- Proficient in VMware network concepts (vSphere, NSX, vSwitch)
- Working knowledge of security software such as Anti-virus, Anti-SPAM, Anti-Spyware, and other security related technologies
- Working knowledge and understanding of Windows and UNIX/LINUX operating environments
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, or related degree or equivalent experience
- Cisco CCNP preferred
This role will suit a mid level network engineer who enjoys a mix of BAU and project work and is passionate about the health industry as they embark on this transformation. The team are a strong and supportive group with a passion for driving change as they upgrade technology in this critical industry. The role will be initially 12 months fixed term with a view to transitioning to permanency.
If this sounds interesting please email me directly with queries [email protected] or apply directly. I am on leave until 18th January but will be intermittently reviewing emails and applications before then.