Affix is delighted to be working with one of Australia’s leading independent private schools with a tradition of consistent excellence, extending over more than 160 years. They have grown from humble beginnings into one of Melbourne’s leading educational institutions. With their long history, their community extends far beyond their campus boundaries, connecting to a wide range of people, nationally and internationally.
They aim to provide an environment where everyone feels welcome and included and strive to be a place where staff find purpose in their work. They employ people who are passionate about shaping the future and who value a high level of performance.
They are looking to find an IT Service Desk Support Technician, responsible for providing Level 1 & Level 2 software and hardware support and guidance to staff, students and parents of the school. The position is primarily focussed on providing excellent customer service and specialist Audio Visual Support.
- Providing phone, face to face and Service Desk support.
- Create, maintain, support and manage user accounts for staff, students and parents.
- Troubleshoot and Diagnose hardware and Software problems.
- Organising daily repairs with external hardware providers and testing hardware and software following repairs.
- Managing and configuration of mobile devices.
- Providing support for classroom Audio Visual equipment and assist and support Audio Visual setups, as required.
Must haves for the role include:
- 2+ years proven Level 1 and Level 2 support experience serving a user base of 500+.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Server Operating systems and applications, mobile/tablet devices and network topologies.
- Demonstrated knowledge of databases.
- Sound knowledge of Audio Visual Technologies.
- Able to adapt to the changing technologies, coupled with excellent troubleshooting skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, including the ability to draft and edit documentation.
- Sound Apple Mac OS and device experience highly desirable.
- Driver’s licence and own transport to travel between campuses in South Yarra and Caulfield.
- Must currently hold or be open to obtain an Employee Working with Children Check.
This is a permanent position, based in South Yarra, Melbourne, but will include shifts at the Caulfield campus too.
Flexible working environment available.
Standard working hours are Monday to Friday (on rotating shifts) and after hours and weekend work may be required on occasion.
The role will suit someone with excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, able to communicate effectively with multiple stakeholders from administration staff to students, parents and vendors.
This is a wonderful team and business to join with ongoing training and development encouraged and provided.
Apply online or email [email protected] for any further enquiries.