Incident Managers x2
These are new roles within IG creating an opportunity to make Melbourne IG’s hub for Service Management globally. You will be apart of a team responsible for managing Service Management in the entire APAC region reporting into the Team Lead located in Melbourne.
So, who are they?
IG is a global Financial Services Company who have made Melbourne their second largest office – with around 90 people working in the CBD. Established in 1974 as the world’s first financial spread betting firm, they are now the world’s No.1 provider of CFDs and spread betting, and a global leader in forex. They have been at the forefront of their industry ever since, offering award-winning platforms with market-leading services and now serve clients all over the world, from 15 sales offices based across five continents.
And what do they do exactly?
They’re a leader in online trading, so expect to get to grips with terminology around financial markets, stocks, derivatives, commodities and compliance. Don’t worry if these words sound out of your current comfort zone, we’re not expecting you to be a financial guru or mathematical genius – though I’m told there are a fair few of those on their trading floor… Rather, you’re a quick-learner and someone who can pick up things quickly – let’s just say you’ll see this as a challenge to embrace rather than something to shy away from. If you have an interest in financial markets, I’m all ears, tell me about that in your application!
What’s this role all about then?
IG’s Service Management team are responsible for managing Incidents, Problems and Changes within IG. The goals of the team are to ensure that issues adversely affecting the business are quickly diagnosed, workarounds are determined, proper root cause analysis is performed, and actions are taken to ensure that the issue does not reoccur.
What you will be held accountable for:
- Quickly determine the severity of Incidents, considering business impact and technical complexity
- Responsible for ensuring that all appropriate groups are working on resolving the incident in a timely manner
- Responsible for notification, escalation and communication to senior management and relevant stakeholders when needed
- Complete ownership of the Incident, Problem and Change Management processes
- Ensure that the relevant IT Teams have performed the proper root cause analysis, documented the workarounds and known errors, the issue has actually been resolved and the appropriate processes were followed
- Function as subject matter expert in root cause analysis methodologies and issue resolution
- Understand how IG’s core dealing systems and backend processes work. (This will include understanding how to undertake the daily reconciliation processes.)
- Participate in the Change Advisory Board meetings and ensure changes are raised and approved correctly
- Delivering Service management metrics and using them to drive continual service improvement
What you need to bring to the table:
- Ability to manage, prioritize and successfully execute multiple tasks and activities and balance competing demands for resources and adapt to changing priorities
- Demonstrate cross-group collaboration and organization skills
- Ability to achieve results under tight deadlines
- Influencing others without having direct authority
- Acting as the final escalation point for stakeholders
- Coaching teams on how to apply industry best practices during Major Incidents
- Management of other vendors and partners that may need to be engaged
- Ability to lead technical conversations with various technical support groups
- Detail-oriented with the ability to follow processes and procedures
- Experience of creating, improving and delivering process
- Effective troubleshooting and analytical skills and ability to manage complex and technical projects.
- Experience of data analysis and trending with ability to identify improvements and actions
What will set you apart:
- Knowledge of troubleshooting financial trading platforms
- Previous Major Incident, Problem Management and Change Management experience
- Significant operational management experience within a mission critical environment
- ITIL processes and terminology consistent with having completed an ITIL Foundation level course
- Previous work experience in financial sector
- Experience of working in a global organisation
- Experience of delivering within a multiple service support team, in a complex business environment
Things to note:
- 24×7 support rota with rotational night shift
- Weekend support on a rota basis