Back End Developer
This household Brissy software house is embarking on a 5-year project which will have a huge impact on making our roads a safer place! This large and complex project will see you working as part of a highly skilled team decoupling a vast array of physically bound edge devices currently based in-field for traffic management systems, creating a microservices architected cloud-native product that will allow the end-client to locally maintain, deploy applications remotely and provide real-time data.
Now here’s where you fit in!
We’re looking for a Software Engineer to join a multi-disciplinary team of legends and jump straight into the saddle where you’ll develop and maintain applications deployed at the edge of a massively-distributed system to securely integrate a vast array of traffic control devices and sensors, manage real-time communications protocols, perform complex event processing, and action responses in fractions of a second!
If you’ve worked in microservices, low-latency environments and have focused heavily on the security and scalability of products, you’re the type of person we’re looking for!
Here’s the main things we reckon you’ll need:
- Experience working in a SaaS environment that utilises Agile SCRUM Methodologies
- Proficiency with C# / .NET Core, containerized workloads (e.g. Docker), in-memory databases (e.g. Redis), message queues (e.g. RabbitMQ) and related technologies
- Competent with CI/CD pipeline technologies, and tools such as Bitbucket, Jira and Confluence
- familiar with both Windows and Linux environments, and utilising both on-prem and public cloud infrastructure, such as Amazon Web Services (AWS)
A day in the life of a Software Engineer would look a bit like this:
- Work with a Product Manager and Agile product focussed team, ensuring delivered quality of product functionality and performance
- Undertake software design, development and test automation activities to implement components, applications and APIs
- Perform analysis and optimisation of software components
- Analyse and improve the reliability of systems in production, diagnosing issues and working to improve product resilience, scalability and performance
- Participate in activities that support consultants, trainers and other technical personnel during system rollouts, device commissioning, user training and ongoing user support
- Have an urge to document and communicate designs, findings and actions so they become more widely known and reliably repeatable (automating wherever possible!)
- Act as a voice in the continuous improvement of people, processes and technology
In return you can expect:
- Flexible working arrangement of 3 days WFH and 2 days in a modern office overlooking the Brisbane river located in Milton
- Building first-in-class sophisticated software to lead the way in connected IoT Smart Cities of the future with some of the most brilliant Engineers Brissy has to offer
Salary is sitting between $95k – $110k + Super
Sound like your jam? Get the ball rolling now!
[email protected] || 0407 903 686