API / AWS Engineer
Affix is working with a Melbourne based FinTech who are looking for a passionate API Engineer to join the API team to help lead the API gateway development and DevOps.
you will be responsible for designing the infrastructure and gateway services to support millions of transactions for one of their key business initiatives, delivering on strategic projects and programs of work.
Leveraging the latest cloud technologies, using your experience in API gateway and infrastructure design and delivery will set up apart, you will deliver a best practice solution providing a fast, scalable and robust trade execution and management system that leverages their existing assets. In this role you will work with the Product Manager and other API team members to share accountability for the successful on time delivery.
In addition to API gateway and infrastructure accountability, day to day duties would include the following.
- Drive API gateway development through discovery, design, estimation and solution delivery
- Guide and mentor junior team members with support from Principal Engineers
- Manage, maintain and enhance development standards and code quality
- Working with the other team members to deliver a secure, scalable, fast and robust system
Liaise with key technology teams:
- Collaborate with technology team members to deliver the API gateway and API project
- Ensure the technology delivered is managed and deployed using the latest DevOps methods
- Design and development of the API gateway capability to deliver the API programmatic trading capability for the business
- Design the system to meet all of their security requirements and PCIDSS if required
- Manage the delivery of microservices from the back end to meet the needs of the client facing API’s
- Build and maintain APIs that are for internal and external exposure.
- Work with external and internal partners in defining the technical user stories, build, test
- Work with back end services and cross functional team of engineers to design integrated solutions, test and deploy
- Think critically and provide end-to-end / scalable solutions impacting multiple systems
- Represent technology team in various other areas of IT in providing integrated solutions
- Work closely with key stakeholders and partners beyond the product owners/managers
- Work on products that are built in Agile and DevOps delivery model
- Establishing and adhering to the coding standards and following Github branching and release strategies best practices
- Perform tests locally as well as in an integrated, distributed environment. (Test Automation experience is a definite help.)
- Create solution architectures and application designs that are flexible and scalable
- Contributes to engineering communities of practice, and documents work
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- 3+ years of full stack development experience
- 3+ years of infrastructure design and development on AWS or similar
- 2+ years of participating in design of restful APIs and front-end applications
- Experience with Go, Python, Docker, Kubernetes and Kafka desirable
- Experience writing and supporting reusable and maintainable APIs
- Experience building Lamda services a plus
- Experience with cloud services continuous deployment
- Experience with optimizing applications including profiling, memory usage, and speed optimization
- Experience with agile practices and team code ownership
- Experience working in a structured DevOps environment
- Experience with applying Object Oriented Design Patterns
- Excited about technology, have a strong interest in learning about and playing with the latest technologies and building compelling applications.
- Work well in teams, respecting and welcoming ideas from partners, business stakeholders, and technical experts
Hope you’re all doing well in these interesting times we find ourselves in, hey Melbourne? Please send through your application with an intro about who you are, alongside your CV, and I’ll be in touch
Email: [email protected]