Senior Front-end Developer- $130,000 + Super + 5% Bonus DOE
Now, as a loyal customer, I may be a bit biased but I am super excited about this role! We are partnering with one of Melbourne’s favorite local success stories who are industry leaders in the retail space. (and who doesn’t love a local success story).
This absolute powerhouse was founded on humble beginnings back in 1994 and has been growing into new markets ever since!
They have had a pretty spectacular past 25 years and one of my personal favorite highlights would have to be their partnership with the NGV where they collaborated with featured artists such as Ai WeiWei.
Now here is the really exciting part. This Front-end developer will get to be a part of the biggest technology projects that the company has ever seen.
“No way Alex!”
Yes way – biggest project since Ai WeiWei’s Lego art… which is actually pretty friggin cool. If you haven’t seen it you should definitely check it out! (https://www.ngv.vic.gov.au/essay/ai-weiwei-letgo-room/)
The project pipeline is full and the sky’s the limit as to what we can achieve!
- A revamp of the current website is at the top of the list to provide a better online customer experience – enter complete new re-design and build using React! YAS!
- The creation of their first native mobile application – yep you guessed it, you’ll lead this whoppa of a project…most likely with the use of Rect Native.
- Addition of extra payment gateways (Yay API integration!)
- Click and collect
- +more to allow them to grow further internationally
Our mates have a large and growing focus in the eCommerce area, providing an opportunity for an experienced Front-End Developer. This role is instrumental in fulfilling the company’s vision and providing advanced solutions for their eCommerce site and related digital marketing campaigns.
You will be reporting to their Front-End Development Lead and working closely with their design and dedicated Digital team.
Hello… is it you we are looking for?
Does this sound like you?
- Works with Visual and UX Designers to translate visual concepts into functional online experiences, microsites, HTML emails, and other digital media
- Participates in the functional requirements definitions for new or modified applications
- Works closely with internal development and design teams to ensure seemless integration with back-end technology and a great user experience
- Ability to take graphic files and translate them into a functional experience on web and mobile platforms
- Writes standards-compliant code including testing/debugging in multiple browsers and platforms
- Maintains continuous contact with all internal and external stakeholders through the project and after completion making sure features are delivered with high quality and on time
- Are an all around legend in ensuring code standards are consistent across the team
- Work with creative teams, UI & UX to ensure there are no technical barriers to suggested designs
- Have super duper HTML5, CSS3 skills; W3C standards and SEO principles Solid understanding of Responsive Design
- Understanding of mobile and web-based design constraints, editors, browser platforms, and their differences – along with the experience to develop and code accordingly
- Experience with Adobe Creative Cloud Suite
- Have a flexible and collaborative approach in fast-paced production environments
- Ability to provide thoughts and insights throughout the development process, and the ability to constructively contribute technical feedback to the team on various projects
- Experience with E-Commerce websites would be most excellent
Does this speak to your interests and experience?
- Experience designing, developing, testing, and deploying applications/systems using proven or emerging technologies, in a variety of technologies and environments
- Ability to understand business functions to analyse and propose technical strategies for the business
- Takes personal responsibility for personal growth, acquires strategies for gaining new knowledge, behaviours and skills
- Ability to breakdown raw information and undefined problems into specific, workable components that in-turn clearly identifies the issues at hand
- Expresses technical and business concepts, ideas, feelings, opinions, and conclusions orally and in writing
- Anticipates, identifies and defines problems, seeks root causes and develops practical and timely solutions
- Comfort with frequent, incremental code, testing and deployment
What we can provide to you!
- Competitive base salary + 5% bonus.
- $1200 annual product allowance
- Unlimited 40% discount and lots of free products
- Reward and recognition programs
- Professional development programs
- Health and well-being initiatives which include 2 x Personal Training sessions a week plus one session per week at Happy Melon (additional classes are discounted)
- Awesome company and technical culture!