Ruby on Rails Developer
Now, the background of this business isn’t exactly your conventional tech startup type of story, but after over 10 years of growth, a number of businesses underneath their belt (all different, but with the same similar concept) and a passion and priority of transforming their products through progressive technology – they are absolutely smashing it!
These folk are transforming eCommerce offerings for their users and partnering entrepreneurs and businesses on a now Global scale and we are thrilled to be supporting them in growing their tech teams to get them to prepare them for the next evolution.
Technology is a major player in this business, they’re invested in it and believe in it, however, this comes second nature to finding the right fit. If you’re motivated, eager and just a genuinely good person wanting to do good things – then we may just have your right next home waiting for you!
What you’ll be doing:
- Work closely with designers, product, and other engineers to design, build, and ship new technology builds
- Evaluate and improve the performance, durability, and security of applications in production
- Assist with production support of the features you deliver
- Champion best practices and technical standard
What we’re looking for:
- Team players, they’re an inclusive and understanding bunch – they want you to feel like a part of the family, and have you wanting the same too!
- A keen-ness to add value, suggesting ideas and new ways of doing things or improving the business.. you think it – they want to hear it.
- A think outside the box type, who is always pushing to grow, try new things, educate themselves and want to learn from those around them.
- Strong analytical skills, an unwavering commitment to quality, a collaborative work ethic, and cutting-edge coding skills.
- An understanding of software development techniques such as Functional programming, Object-Oriented Design, Test-Driven Development, Continuous build and delivery
- A genuine care for your end user and a highly process orientated and logical mindset, as well as a commitment to producing clear, well-tested and reliable code
- A variety of levels of skillset – you could have a couple of years experience up your sleeve, a few years, or eons. We’re building teams, so we’re keen to chat to everyone!
The tech is Ruby on Rails and React.js on the Front End – hosted on AWS. So experience as a Fullstack Engineer with strong skills across the following is ideal: Ruby on Rails, Agile software development, Git, Cloud-based infrastructure, HOWEVER – should you not have exposure to Ruby, though have experience in alternate OOP languages and are keen to learn, keep on reading!
What they’ll offer you:
- Career progression – what you’re doing now might not be what you want to do six months down the track and that’s totally okay, because they encourage growth, and have the internal opportunities to support it too
- A nice team of good people, who will always listen and want to collaborate
- Encouragement to attend community engagements such as conferences, MeetUps, monthly HackerDays hosted in-house
- The ability to have fun at work, and run your role how it works best for you – they’ll allow you the freedom to craft and create your future, and give you all the tools and support you need to help you get there!
- Daily MarioKart and Ping-Pong tournaments, where healthy competition is encouraged, and an abundance of cafes/breweries/bars nearby to allow reconnection between your colleagues after intense matches
This is one of those too-good-to-be-true-opportunities that actually exists, so if you’re keen to hear more – I’m keen to tell you! Reach out and let’s chat!